- Call us at 703.746.4800
- Payments can be made using the outside drop box on the Royal Street side of City Hall, available 24 hours a day.
- Pay by credit card or eCheck on the City's website at alexandriava.gov/Payments.
- Mail Car Tax payments to City of Alexandria, PO Box 34710, Alexandria, VA 22334-0710.
- Mail Business Personal Property Tax payments to City of Alexandria, PO Box 34901, Alexandria, VA 22334-0901.
- Email us:
Virginia Sales Tax Holiday
Virginia's 2021 three day sales tax holiday is August 6-8.
|I just want to pay|
New to the City?
Please take a look at our:
- Small, Women, and Minority-Owned Businesses - NEW!
- Short-Term Residential Rental Registry (Home Sharing)
- Tax Guide for New City Residents
- Tax Guide for New City Businesses
- Licensing and Tax Guide for Non-Profit Organizations
- Events, Courses, and Resources for City Businesses.
¿Necesita Ud. información sobre impuestos en español?
Por favor visite nuestra guía de impuestos en español.
The Administration Division is responsible for the overall management of the Finance Department and provides administrative and information technology support to other divisions.
The Revenue Administration Division assesses and enforces personal property, meal sales, transient lodging and other taxes; issues business and professional licenses, assists the community with state income tax questions and preparation. This Division also administers the City's real estate tax relief programs for the elderly and disabled.
- Personal Property Tax - 703.746.4800
Email - VehicleTax@alexandriava.gov
- Business Tax - 703.746.4800
Email - BusinessTax@alexandriava.gov
- Discovery and Collections - 703.746.4800
Discovery Email - RADAR@alexandriava.gov
Collections Email - Collections@alexandriava.gov
- Tax Relief - 703.746.4800
Email - TaxRelief@alexandriava.gov
The Treasury Division is responsible for the investment, disbursement, and collection of all City monies and sells such items as residential parking permits and bus passes.
- Payments - 703.746.4800
Email - Payments@alexandriava.gov
The Accounting Division maintains records on the financial operations of the City, prepares the City's monthly and annual financial reports, prepares checks to fulfill City obligations to vendors, maintains the City's employee payroll, manages miscellaneous billing, and monitors expenditures and revenues to determine budgetary compliance.
- Accounting - 703.746.3905
Email - AccountsPayable@alexandriava.gov
The Purchasing Division is responsible for centralized City procurement, including the processing of purchase orders and vendor list control. All City purchases exceeding $5,000 are made by the Purchasing Division through both formal and informal competitive bidding procedures.
- Purchasing - 703.746.4946
Email - Procurement@alexandriava.gov
The Pension Administration Division manages pension plans for City employees and uniformed service employees.
- Pension Administration - 703.746.3906
Email - Retirement@alexandriava.gov
Each year, the Office of Real Estate Assessments appraises each parcel of real estate in the City to assess its estimated fair market value. These values are used by the Department of Finance to bill for and collect the real estate tax, which accounts for about 60 percent of the City's annual revenue.
- Office of Real Estate Assessments - 703.746.4646
Email - RealEstate@alexandriava.gov
Risk Management is responsible for City's workers' compensation claims management, safety management, insurance management, and liability claims management for the City.
- Risk Management - 703.746.4549
Email - Risk.Management@alexandriava.gov