Eviction Prevention and Housing Resources in Response to COVID-19
Are you a renter who can’t pay your full rent due to COVID-19 related loss of income? A property owner with a tenant who can’t pay their rent? A homeowner who can’t make a mortgage payment?
We can help! Get started now!
Welcome to the Office of Housing
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our 2020 Housing Resource Guide (Spanish, Amharic, and Arabic versions will be available shortly), visit our resource links, and check out what's new! Learn about our mission, vision, and values .
For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Track the City's COVID-19 Emergency Rent Relief Assistance Program Performance
- Legal Services on Protections for Tenants During COVID - 19 (June 29, 2020)
- Learn about the the City's Accessory Dwelling Unit Study
- Revised Draft 2021 Annual Action Plan Released for Housing and Community Development
- Notice of Finding of No Significant Impact & Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds for the Waypoint at Fairlington Project
- Resolution 2926 - City Endorsement of Council of Governments Regional Housing Initiative
+ much more!