Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our 2019 housing resource guide in English, Spanish, Amharic, and Arabic, visit our resource links, and check out what's new!
For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Public Hearing Scheduled for Draft Consolidated Annual
Performance and Evaluation Report
- Public Hearings Scheduled for ARHA FY 2020 Annual Agency Plan
- 2019 Condominium Survey Published
- The Spire Celebrates Groundbreaking!
- Energy Masters Now Accepting Applications for 2019-2020 Training Program
- Check out the Agenda Alexandria Affordable Housing Podcast!
- Learn about the City's Housing Response to National Landing
- Track the City's Progress on Housing Priorities on the City's Performance Dashboard
+ much more!