- City Marina
- City Marina Maintenance & Repair Assessment Report - October 2013
- Marina Feasibility Study - February 2017
- Waterfront Parks
- Busker Information Card
The City has adopted an ordinance to grant a minimum of five (5) years franchise to moor an historic or a replica historic tall ship for sightseeing tours, private charters, private events and educational programming and to allow the design, construction, upgrade of City infrastructure to accommodate the historic or a replica historic tall ship and related operations and services in the City Marina. Download the Additional Terms and Specifications for the Franchise Ordinance
0 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
For boating enthusiasts, the marina is a 3 mile cruise from Washington DC and Maryland. In addition to affording a spectacular view of the Potomac River, the City Marina has overnight boat slips plus additional short-term docking space on sea walls and adjacent areas. The City Marina offers docking for pleasure boats and commercial vessels. For boaters who wish to stay overnight, restroom and shower facilities are available. One 30 amp electrical connection and water hose bib (in season) are available for each boat slip. Alexandria is a dog friendly city ,in fact, there is a public access dog park within easy walking distance of the marina. Please note: Dogs must be on leash and under owner's control at all times. Owner must clean up after dogs.
- Marina Cameras
- Marina Diagram
- Hours of Operation
- Tour & Charter Boats
- Waterfront Commission
- Data from the U.S. Geological Survey installed tide gauge at the City Marina
- April - October: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- November - March: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed some City Holidays
Pleasure boats requesting short term docking space are encouraged to contact the Dock Master on VHF channel 16. Short term docking space is available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
For additional information, call the Dock Master's Office at 703.746.5487.
To receive fee information, call 703.746.5487.
- City Marina Rules & Regulations
- Pleasure Boat Transient Short Term Docking
- Short-Term Docking (up to 4 hour stay): $20 (available on first come - first served basis. No reservations accepted).
- Pleasure Boat Overnight Docking
- Docking Reservations: Reservations for pleasure boat overnight docking for the boating season will be accepted beginning in April of each year. Reservations will be accepted for overnight docking only. Please click here for docking application and for additional information and fees.
- Each boat slip has one (1) 30 amp electrical connection and water hose bib available.
- T-Head docking is available for boats over 40 feet in length.
- Each T-Head has 50 amp electric available. The North T-Head has one(1) 100 amp electric connection available.
- Overnight visiting pleasure boats must checkout and depart the City Marina by Noon
- Charter, Cruise, Business & Commercial Vessel Docking
- Limited docking is available. Applications will be processed on a first come first served bases.
- Commercial Vessel Reservation Form
- Commercial Vessel Regulations
- The east end of the Torpedo Factory South Pier can accommodate vessels up to 80 feet in length and offers one(1) 50 amp service. Water is available in season.
- The east end of the Founder's Park North Pier can accommodate vessels up to 220 feet in length. Please call for information regarding electric availability. Water is available in season.
- Reservations are required for charter, cruise, business & commercial vessel docking.
- Boat Slip Wait List Information
The City Marina has year-round leased berths for vessels up to 40 feet in length. At the present time all leased berths are full however, a wait list has been established. If you would like to place your name on the Boat Slip Wait List please complete and mail the online application.
- Sightseeing Boat Tours & Charters - Sightseeing, Charters and Water Taxi service is available at the City Marina. Water Taxi Sightseeing cruises includes Washington's monuments, Alexandria's Seaport and the Mount Vernon Estate. Water Taxi service is available to Georgetown, Mount Vernon, Washington Nationals baseball games, and the new National Harbor and Gaylord National Convention Center. For additional Information, visit the Potomac Riverboat Company online at potomacriverboatco.com or call 703.684.0580.
The purpose of the Alexandria Waterfront Committee is to study and deal with issues relating to private and commercial uses of the waterfront. The Committee is composed of 21 members representing a particular neighborhood, community or City committee. For additional information and to review meeting minutes and handouts, click here.
- Tide Lock Park
- Rivergate Park
- Oronoco Bay Park
- Founder's Park
- King Street Park
- Waterfront Park
- Point Lumley
- Roberdeau Park
- Shipyard/Harborside Parks
- Windmill Hill Park
- Ford's Landing
- Jones Point Park