Amazon and Virginia Tech to Locate in National Landing
Amazon HQ NOVA will locate in National Landing, which encompasses parts of Pentagon City, Crystal City, and Potomac Yard. Virginia Tech will develop a revolutionary Innovation Campus in National Landing, within walking distance of the new Potomac Yard Metro Station.
The City of Alexandria held a virtual information session on Monday, November 19, to provide an overview and answer questions regarding the recent announcement that Amazon will locate a major corporate headquarters and Virginia Tech will build an Innovation Campus in National Landing, the area comprising Potomac Yard in Alexandria and Pentagon City and Crystal City in Arlington County. Panelists included City Manager Mark Jinks, Director of Transportation and Environmental Services Yon Lambert, Director of Planning and Zoning Karl Moritz, Director of Housing Helen McIlvaine, and Stephanie Landrum, President and CEO of the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership.
- Visit NOVA’s project pitch website to answer: Why NOVA?
- Get an in-depth look at the regional effort to attract HQ2 by reading the original partnership proposal
Project Location & Details
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
- Proposed transportation investments
- Alexandria and the region’s plans to invest in affordable housing
- State investments in K-12 Education
- Virginia’s plan to grow our tech-talent pipeline
- For general inquires please email email@example.com
- For press inquiries contact Susan Haralson at 202.841.5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org