City recreation centers offer a variety of programs and drop-in activities. Special Activities are held regularly at each center.
- Additional information on individual Neighborhood Centers (Charles Barrett; Charles Houston; Leonard "Chick" Armstrong; Lee; Mount Vernon; Nannie J. Lee; Patrick Henry; and William Ramsay)
- Additional information on Recreation Services
- Additional information on Recreation Programs
Registration & Reservation Services, and Administrative Offices are located at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St. Currently the Registration & Reservation Office is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information call 703.746.5414.
Recreation Center hours may be adjusted for select Federal and City holidays .
Note: Please be advised that unless otherwise specified, the programs offered at the recreation centers are not licensed child care programs nor are they to be alternatives for child care.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility
- Dr. Oswald Durant Center
- Jerome "Buddie" Ford Nature Center
- Nannie J. Lee - Therapeutic Recreation
- Torpedo Factory Art Center
Recreation Center ID Policy
All participants/users of the City of Alexandria neighborhood recreation centers must be residents of the City, and are required to show proof of residency to register at the neighborhood recreation centers. To determine if you are a City resident, refer to the City Residency Verification Guide .
Recreation Center Rentals
Recreation centers are available for use by community groups and organizations. Amenities include meeting rooms, gymnasium, dance studio, and activity rooms. Groups will be charged appropriate staff and rental fees based on their individual request. Rental information and availability may be obtained at each individual center. For additional information and hours of operation, call the recreation center of interest.
Recreation Center Party Packages
Party packages are designed for youth and feature use of a party room and fun activity.