Where To Go For Help

The Alexandria Court Service Unit partners with a variety of community services to provide assistance to youth and families in need.

Page updated on May 8, 2019 at 11:09 AM

Where to Go for Help

  • To find out about school programs and services, call the Alexandria City Public Schools Information (703.824.6600) or speak with school staff
  • To report child abuse or neglect, call:
    Child Protective Services (703.746.5800) or the Child Abuse Hotline (1.800.552.7096) or to find out information about family social services (child care, food stamps, housing), call: 703.746.4900
  • To confidentially report any crime (non-emergency), domestic violence or other suspicious activities, call the Alexandria Police (703.838.4444).To report graffiti, call the Alexandria Police (703.838.4444) or  submit a complaint online. In cases of Emergency, call 911.
  • Protective orders in domestic assault matters and juvenile probation, contact the Alexandria Court Service Unit (703.746.4144).
  • To get information on public counseling, advocacy and support services:

    Mental health and substance abuse services: 703.746.3400
    Domestic violence hotline and shelter:703.746.4911
    Victim Witness Assistance Program:703.746.4100
    Sexual Assault Hotline: 703.683.7273
    Teen Text Message Line: 703.717.TEEN (8336)
  • For Emergency Mental Health Services call 703.746.3401
  • For information on city services, including specific services for culturally and linguistically diverse residents, please call the Office of Communications and Public Information Division of Community Affairs (703.746.4800)
  • To get information on recreation/art enrichment programs and parks throughout the City, call Alexandria Recreation and Parks (703.746.4343)
  • Teen Information and Referral line provides information on City and Community youth programs and services at 703.746.0990.
  • For Before and After school programs such as Head Start, call The Campagna Center at 703.549.0111
  • For parenting programs, call SCAN at (703.820.9001)
  • For new baby family support programs, call Healthy Families and Northern Virginia Family Services (703.370.3223)
  • For information on teen pregnancy, call Teen Pregnancy - Health Department(703.746.4400) or the Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy (ACAP) (703.746.5030).
  • To get information on job referrals and training, call visit the City of Alexandria's Workforce Development Center website:   https://alexandriava.gov/WorkforceDevelopment
  • To get information on health services, call the Health Department (703.746.4400); Arlandria Clinic (703.535.5568); Casey Clinic (703.519.5979); or Teen Wellness Center (703.746.4776).
  • For local resources available in the City, please click  here. For resources available in the Northern Virginia area, please visit the  Northern Virginia Regional Commission. 

For more information on programs, services and resources, call Percy White, Gang Prevention & Intervention Coordinator at 703.746.4502 or 746.4144 or email percy.white@alexandriava.gov.

**Please note: phone numbers may change over time.  Please call Percy White (703.746.4144) if you need assistance.

Related Web Sites