For up-to-date information on DCHS operations, visit the DCHS Operational Updates page.
The Center for Adult Services provides programs and services in Aging; Adult Protective Services; Clinical & Emergency Services; and Community & Residential Support Services for persons with mental illnesses, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.
Have a minute?
Your feedback about the DCHS website helps us improve. Take a short survey.
Aging & Adult Services
Clinical & Emergency Services
- 24-Hour Emergency Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Outpatient Services
- Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Services
- Alexandria Residential Treatment Center (ARTC)
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Support Groups
- Opioid Treatment Program
- Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and LGBTQ Services
- Behavioral Health & Criminal Justice Collaboration (CIT)
Community Support Services
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Residential Services
- Safe Haven
- West End Wellness Center
- Supported Education and Employment Program
- PACT- Community Treatment for People with Severe Mental Illness
- Comprehensive Recovery Team
- Developmental Disability Services
- TRAILS (Mental Health Program for Young Adults Experiencing First Psychosis)