Outreach to City Landlord regarding COVID-19
Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, formerly Section 8, is administered locally by the Alexandria Redevelopment & Housing Authority (ARHA). The Program welcomes new landlords interested in accepting tenants with HCVs. To learn about eligibility requirements, click here. For more information, please contact:
- Marquisha Dean, ARHA Intake Program Manager, 703.549.7115, ext. 142
- Janell Diaz, ARHA Senior Intake Leasing Specialist, 703.549.7115, ext. 174
Fair Housing Law Training
To promote compliance with fair housing laws among businesses involved in the sale, rental or management of property in the City of Alexandria, the Office of Housing provides training upon request for real estate and property management companies. To learn more, contact Melodie Seau at email@example.com/703.746.3078.
The Office of Housing provides housing-related mediation between landlords and tenants by mutual agreement. To learn more, contact Melodie Seau at firstname.lastname@example.org/703.746.3078.
- Download the Guide to Landlord-Tenant Laws & Policies to learn about tenants and landlord rights and responsibilities within the City.
Conversion, Relocation, and Rent Increase Policies and Resolutions
- Download the Housing Conversion Assistance Policy and Housing Relocation Assistance Policy to learn about City guidance to developers of rental projects that involve demolition, substantial rehabilitation, relocation, conversion to another use, sale of a rental condominium or cooperative units, and/or termination of affordable set-aside units.
- Download the Tenant Assistance and Relocation Policy for projects in or proposing to rezone to the new Residential Multifamily (RMF) Zone.
- Download the Voluntary Rent Increase Resolution to learn about City guidance to owners of rental properties regarding annual rent increases.
Rental Accessibility Modification Program (RAMP)
For information on the Rental Accessibility Modification Program, click here.
Mold in Rental Properties
To learn about disclosure requirements and tenant and landlord responsibilities, download the 2020 Guide on Mold in Rental Properties.