3210 King Street | 703.746.5553
- Year-round 25 meter Indoor Pool & Diving Well
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Locker Rooms
- Nature Trails & Park
- Lighted Tennis Courts
- Party Packages
- Aquatics, Sports & Fitness Classes
- Soft Playroom (currently closed)
- Bounce Inflatable (currently closed)
- Men's & Women's Saunas
- Fitness Room
- Room Rental
- Playground in Park
- Racquetball Courts (currently undergoing repairs)
- Outdoor Picnic Pavilion
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Free WiFi
Hours of Operation
SUMMER 2021 hours of operation:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (9 - 10 a.m. ages 60 and older only)
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed - drop-in swimming is available at Old Town Pool
- Juneteenth (observed) - Friday, June 18th: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- June 26 - September 6: Closed for Facility Improvements - drop-in swimming is available at the City's outdoor pools
Information for Entry
Racquetball: Drop-in racquetball play (subject to availability) and advanced reservations are available. Reservations can be made at the Online Registration page - in the blue toolbar near the top of the page, select "Reservation,", then "Racquetball Court."
Fitness: The fitness room is available for drop-in entry.
Classes and Activities: Registration for a variety of programs can be found at the Online Registration page.
June 26 to September 6, 2021 Closure for Scheduled Facility Improvements
The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center and Aquatics Facility will be closed from Saturday, June 26 through Monday, September 6 to facilitate several planned facility improvements and annual cleaning. The scope of the facility improvements is highly invasive and requires the temporary full closure of the facility to ensure public safety, reduce costs, and shorten the improvement period to minimize community impact. For additional information and to follow the status of facility improvements, visit the 2021 Chinquapin Improvements Webpage.
To minimize inconvenience for Chinquapin users, the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities (RPCA) has redistributed many of the popular programs held at Chinquapin as follows:
- All 'land' classes and camps normally scheduled for the summer will operate at other RPCA centers and parks. Visit the registration page for class and camp listings.
- Swim lessons and water aerobics classes normally scheduled at Chinquapin will operate at Old Town Pool (1609 Cameron St.), Warwick Pool (3301 Landover St.), and Memorial Pool (901 Wythe St.). Visit the registration page for class and camp listings.
- Valid Chinquapin Passes will be honored at all RPCA fitness facilities: Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe St.), Leonard “Chick” Armstrong Recreation Center (2510 W. Reed Ave.), Patrick Henry Recreation Center (4653 Taney Ave.), and William Ramsay Recreation Center (5650 Sanger Ave.). Visit Alexandria Neighborhood Recreation Centers for hours of operation. Chinquapin passholders will also be provided an option to suspend their pass during the closure.
- Valid Chinquapin Passes and daily admissions will be honored at all City outdoor pools: Old Town Pool (1609 Cameron St.), Warwick Pool (3301 Landover St.), and Memorial Pool (901 Wythe St.). Visit Alexandria Aquatics for outdoor pool hours of operation and admission information.
- Old Town Pool (1609 Cameron St.)will operate with extended morning hours to accommodate lap swimming.
Daily Admission, Passes, Packages & Rentals
DAILY TICKET FEES
Includes use of pool, fitness room, locker room, sauna & racquetball play.
- Child (0-4) $0 Resident / Nonresident $2
- Youth (5-17) $5 Resident / Nonresident $7
- Adult (18+) $8 Resident / Nonresident $12
- Senior (60+) $6.40 Resident / Nonresident $12
Includes use of pool, fitness room, locker room, sauna & racquetball play.
- Individual Fitness Pass - 25 Visits, valid for 12 months
- Youth (5-17) $120 Resident / $200 Nonresident
- Adult (18+) $150 Resident / $250 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) $120 Resident / $250 Nonresident
- 1-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $50 Resident / $100 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $87 Resident / $175 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - Single $40 Resident / $100 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - 2 Persons $69.60 Resident / $175 Nonresident
- 6-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $250 Resident / $500 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $438 Resident / $875 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - Single $200 Resident / $500 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - 2 Persons $350.40 Resident / $875 Nonresident
- Family (up to 4 Persons) $505 Resident / NA
- 12-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $450 Resident / $885 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $788 Resident / $1,454 Nonresident
- Senior - Single $360 Resident / $885 Nonresident
- Senior - 2 Persons $630.40 Resident / $1,454 Nonresident
- Family (up to 4 Persons) $909 / NA
Please Note: Children/youth 12 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+) who is required to supervise them throughout the center. This includes being in direct line of sight of children/youth while they swim, either viewed from the pool deck or from the water. Children 5 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+) while in the water, and the adult must remain within arm's reach of the child. All guests ages 13 and older are required to show a current photo ID card (school ID cards may be used).
Party Packages (currently not offered)
- Swim Party (ages 6 and up)
2-hour party includes: 1st hour of fun in pool. Total of 2 hours use of a party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 25 persons. Fee: $149 residents / $184 nonresidents
Add a balloon bundle for $25. Add a giant pool inflatable for $75.
- Play Party (ages 5 and younger)
2 hour party includes: 1st hour of fun in the soft playroom or bounce inflatable. Total of 2 hours use of a party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 21 persons. Fee: $149 residents / $184 nonresidents.
Add a balloon bundle for $25. Reserve the Soft Playroom AND Bounce Inflatable for an additional $49.
- Mermaid Party (ages 6 and up)
2 hour party, includes: mermaid training or merfolk performance, photography, and a special gift. Total of 2 hours use of pool and party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 25 persons. Fee: $395 residents / $430 nonresidents.
Add a balloon bundle for $25.
NOTE: Party packages and rentals are in high demand. Please schedule your reservation at least 4 weeks in advance for optimal availability.
Multipurpose rooms, swimming pool lanes and diving well are available for rental. Call 703.746.5553 for additional information.
Program & Activity Registration Information
For program and activity registration information, including swim lessons, please visit our Registration Information page.
Soft Playroom (currently closed)
Designed for children ages five and younger, the Soft Playroom offers a clean play environment to provide exercise for imaginations as well as bodies. Under guardian supervision, children can share play zones loaded with soft toys and activities with their families, playgroups or new friends.
For safe hygiene, children and guardians must wear socks in the soft playroom.
Hours: currently Closed
It is recommended to call the Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility at 703.746.5553 to check availability prior to drop-in use during peak times (i.e. weekends, rainy days). The Soft Playroom schedule may be adjusted for cleaning, weekend parties and private rentals.
Drop In: $5 Resident / $7 Non-Resident per child, per half hour. First chaperone free; additional chaperones $1 Resident/$4 Nonresident.
Racquetball & Tennis Courts
RACQUETBALL COURTS (currently closed for repairs)
Available during facility hours of operation. Call 703.746.5441 or visit the Online Registration page - in the blue toolbar near the top of the page, select "Reservation," then "Racquetball Court" to reserve.
Single Day-of Racquetball Play: Daily Admission fees apply
- Included in Daily Ticket fees (see above)
- Fee is per individual
Racquetball Court Rental: Residents $14 per hour / Nonresidents $27 per hour
- 2 person maximum per court.
- Fee is for group.
- Available for racquetball, handball, wallyball, dodgeball, and other activities.
Racquetball Equipment Rental
Includes one carrying case, racquet, goggles, and balls. $3 per day
Lighted tennis courts are available on a first come, first served basis unless reserved. Call 703.746.5414 for more information or to reserve.
Personal and Group Training
Ages 18 & up. Certified trainers design a 60-minute customized exercise program and provide guidance on proper form. To schedule an appointment, please register (Activity Keyword Search: "training").
Individual Sessions: $199 for 4 or $59 per session.
- Dynamic Duo: $99/person for 4 or $29/person per session.
- Triple Threat: $79/person for 4 or $25/person per session.
- Fantastic Four: $59/person for 4 or $19/person per session.