To start planning your upcoming event, follow these simple steps:
Find a Space
Outdoors: Click here for park locations.
Contact a Specialist
- Recreation Centers: To reserve, call the Recreation Center you are interested in.
- Athletic Fields: To reserve, call the Sports Office at 703.746.5414.
- Park Reservations:
- Call Events & Public Space Activations at 703.746.5421 for hourly rate information regarding:
- Waterfront Park (south lawn), 1A Prince St.
- Oronoco Bay Park, 100 Madison St.
- Montgomery Park, 901 N. Royal St.
- King Street Gardens Park, 1806 King St.
Call the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 for information and availability regarding 4-hour picnic block reservations at the following locations*: All reservations must be completed in person at the Lee Center. Residency verification and payment will be required at the time of the visit. To complete the reservation process, the office is open for scheduled appointments beginning March 1st for the Picnic Season which begins on April 1st.:
- Armistead L. Boothe Park, 520 Cameron Station Blvd.
- Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Dr.
- Chinquapin Park, 3210 King St.
- Fort Ward Park, 4301 West Braddock Rd.
- Joseph Hensley Park, 4200 Eisenhower Ave.
- Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Old Town Pool, 1605 Cameron St.
Additional parks not listed may be available for reservation. Call the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 for additional information.
- * Note: If your event includes any of the following, please contact Events & Public Space Activations at 703.746.5421 for application and permit information:
City services to ensure compliance with Federal, state, or local laws;
uses city owned or managed property such as public streets, sidewalks, parking lots, alleys, parks or any other city owned/managed open space;
completely or partially closes any public right-of way;
requires traffic control requiring City of Alexandria Police Department or Transportation & Environmental Services personnel;
impairs emergency vehicles access;
or requires attendance of Emergency Management Services personnel.
- Indoor Facility Application
- Special Event Information and Application
- Picnic Information and Application
- Park Rental Form
For additional information on rental fees, review the Department Fee Schedule.